Brush off those building skills, its time to get to work in your town!
Town Recruitment is tough, and its rare that towns get formally recognized for their successes. Not anymore! Introducing Town Featurettes. A new area has opened up in spawn with the purpose of giving great towns an area in spawn and an easy warp to visit them from that area! But not just any town can join, and there are only 9 spots open for players. Of those 9 spots, players will constantly compete for the #1 spot in this area, and the rewards it shall hold! So brush off those chisels and stone bricks, its time to get to work!
Mostly, this is made to be a competition which will encourage town mayors to consistently improve their towns, and provide some incentive for doing so, and ALL towns can compete, regardless of who is in them/is the mayor.
- Towns must submit a town featurette application on the forums.
- Towns will be judged by a randomly selected Architect+/S-mod+, selected by the Owner.
- Based on the judgement they will either be denied or accepted.
Towns are judged based on five catagories, each given a score from 1-10 (10 being highest):
- Build Level
How good are the builds? Does the town keep to a general build theme? Is there a lot of ‘Empty Space’?
How easy is it to get from point A to Point B, do they have major areas marked, do players get lost too easily, are the roads wide and well lit, How much ‘Empty Space’ is there? (Empty space effects both Build Level and Infrastructure). Is it too cramped? And so on.
What notable achievements have they obtained, what's notable amongst their members, are they the highest in any particular leaderboard, and so on.
How many players do they have, and of that, how active are they? Do they frequently go about doing things in or around the town? Do they frequently converse with others?
not just monetary wealth, but how much money/resources/items does a town have? Do they have a lot of ‘rare’ resources?
Each of these 5 scores will be listed with the town, and the 5 will be averaged to obtain the final score. Towns must have AT LEAST a score of 5 or higher to go on the board. If all spaces are filled, they must beat out the lowest number.
Towns will be repeatedly judged monthly, and may not always keep their spot. not only this, but there will only be 9 available spots for the taking, with one “best town on the server” spot, making the competition extra fierce.
All Featured Towns:
- A personal spot in the town featurette hall in spawn, listing their Town Name, Nation Affiliation, scores, a custom message chosen by the mayor, and having a special warp pad to their town.
- Mention of Featured Towns on the website.
- because of the above, they may have an easier time recruiting.
Number 1 Town:
- A periodic broadcast message will list all Featured Towns to players, along with a custom "title" for each town. Ie: "Wardragons, the Infernal Army" "Romah, Empire of the Great" "Bywater, Built by Gods" "Xavern, Bannercon Central" and so on..
- 10000 added to the town bank, 10000 given to the top 3 members of the town.
How do I enter my town?:
Town Mayors must submit an application on the website’s forums. They must follow a specific format. Once done, all that’s left is to wait and see! (Don’t pester staff about it.)
There you have it! Town Featurettes are here, So get your townsfolk together and start building!